environmental care resources
BOOK RECOMENDATIONS FROM REV. TOM ARE AND REV. DR. RODGER NISHIOKA
FOR LENT & BEYONDFor those who observe the season of Lent and care about creation, the Environmental Action Committee suggests reading the 2021 Tread Lightly for Lent daily calendar that provides daily reflections and actions during Lent.
- 2021 Tread Lightly for Lent Daily Calendar
- Take the Lenten Meal Pledge
- Vegetarian Recipes for Lent from Becky Bliss
- Other Vegetarian Recipes for Lent
EARTH CARE REFERENCES
- Rev. Dr. Bob Meneilly sermon Restoring God's Creation (Village Church, April 22, 1990) audio; sermon transcript
- Rev. Dr. Bob Meneilly sermon Saving God's Good Earth (Village Church, June 14, 1992) audio; sermon transcript
- Rev. Tom Are sermon Earth Day 2021 (Village Church Earth Sunday Gathering Service, April 25, 2021)
- Rev. Dr. Bill Brown Lectures Just Creation: Shalom for our Common Home (Village Church, April 9 and 10, 2021 on Zoom)
- Rev. Hallie Hottle Earth Day Gathering Service (Village Church, April 19, 2020)
- Rev. Tom Are sermon The Earth is the Lord’s (a Word about Climate Change (Village Church, Feb. 10, 2019)
- Rev. Tom Are sermon Meeting the World at My Dinner Table (Village Church, Nov. 24, 2013)
- Pastor Adam Hamilton sermon What Would Jesus Say About Climate Change? (Church of the Resurrection, Jan. 26, 2020)
- Dr. Katherine Hayhoe short videos: Christianity and Climate Crisis and Global Weirding with Katherine Hayhoe
locate resources in kansas city
There are so many ways to become more environmentally friendly right here in Kansas City. Explore the map for more information.
environmental action committee
The EAC of Village Church is committed to making Village Church more environmentally aware and sustainable as an institution by reducing its environmental impact and by practicing, modeling and teaching faithful and responsible stewardship of God's Creation. Our call is to promote earth-keeping within and beyond the walls of our church. Our hope is to raise people’s awareness and to stir their conscience so that they might incorporate creation care into their daily living.
We are always looking for new members to join our committee as well as volunteers to help with activities and events. Contact Jerry Rees or Rev. Dr. Rodger Nishioka for more information or to learn how you can get involved.
current sermon series
Explore our current sermon series at Village as we hear from our pastors on creation care (Oct. 24-31).